Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Irish Dancing- Celtic CD package design

This Celtic cd design is for an Irish Dance Music group- as you can tell from the cover design they use both accordions and violins, this was a specific request by them- that these instruments be shown on the cover. I designed two different cd covers for this project- eventually the client settled on this cover- I then expanded the design theme on throughout the rest of the packaging (inside panels, traycard, and disc). I had several discussions with the client to focus in on exactly what kind of look they wanted for their album art- in a nutshell they wanted something that communicated the historical aspect of Irish dance music but also reflected a modern look that appealed to a younger audience- but not exclusively to a young demographic. As you can see the clients needs were dynamic and seemingly contradicting- this my friends is my job- to create a clients abstract ideas and thoughts into a visual presentation- they were very happy with the final design. I also created a promotional poster design for their project- which they have used to advertise the release of their new cd.