Monday, August 31, 2009

Rap CD graphic designer cd wallet design stimulus package

I designed this cd wallet art for a hip hop artist named Scoot- he was looking for a graphic designer that could help him develop an image of himself as a pseudo presidential rapper/politician. His album release comes on the heels of the economic stimulus package that congress passed, and he was playing off of that- as in his album being a stimulus package for the hip hop industry. Needless to say- I gave him the presidential treatment.
I composed the cover design by combining a collection of photo's including the state capital, crowd, clouds, lights, and textures. These were all seprate elements that I combined to create this scenery. I adjusted the colors to give it all a cohesive look and overlaid a few textures and photoshop effects to bring it all together. I also created the presidential logo for the artist which is underneath the disc and is exposed when the disc is removed. He was very happy with the final design.