Friday, March 26, 2010

Silent Scream- Spanish rock band cd cover design

I designed the graphics for this Spanish Rock cd cover art a few weeks ago. This heavy metal band from Spain hired me to create the art for their newest album release titled "Teoria De Cuerdas" which in english means "String Theory".
They had a specific idea for the art direction of their cd art, they just didn't now how to visualize it- so they gave me a collection of band photos and adjectives that described what they wanted in the art and then I went to the drawing board.I came up with the concept of blending their individual band photos with intricate fractal designs- and it worked out great because it incorporated the "string theory" concept- visible in all the fractal threads and strings. The cd package included a 12 page booklet, I created individual fractal/photo designs for each band member and added their name and instrument. The art panels were placed adjacent to song lyric panels.They're currently on tour in Spain promoting this album and they've been receiving a lot of praise and positive response to the cd design as well as their music.