Friday, October 3, 2008

CD Cover Design Illustration- Housewife Broadway Musical Art

Since this album is titled "Not just a Housewife" I thought it fitting that it should not be just a design- so I approached this project as an illustration. Since the artist did not want her photo on the cover I had to come up with a conceptual cover design that embodied all the songs on here cd release. The artist's name is Marilyn Mathis- she's a multi-talented actress and broadway singer. I came up with the idea of her living a double life as a stepford wife and as a superstar in the spotlight at the same time. I went for a retro 1950's style of housewife, I added the floral pattern on the curtains to compliment the simplistic illustration style. View more illustration and graphic design work at my website www.fernandocreative.com

Below is the revised illustration per the customers request- it's only the black and white drawing so far, I'll post the completed work when it's ready.
This is the latest illustration project to grace the desk of Fernando Creative, all the while Fernando Medina is working on graphic design, illustration, and photography projects. Fernando creative is based in Aurora, Illinois 60505, I also do work for the surrounding chicago suburbs, including Chicago, North Aurora, Oswego, Batavia, Geneva, St. Charles, Naperville, Plano, Elgin, Crystal Lake, DeKalb, Sycamore, Maple Park, Montgomery, and more. I also do work for international clients including, Europe, Asia, and all throughout North and South America. These services include graphic design, illustration, photography, and more recently video and animation. These trades are applied to create everything from book cover illustations to page designs to logo designs to business card designs- I take interest an any process that entails creativity.

© 2008 Fernando Medina. All rights reserved. Fernando Creative. Aurora, IL 60505.