Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hair Salon Logo design: Kapon Salon

I created this logo design for a new local hair salon that will be opening its doors in the next few months here in Aurora, IL. The client wanted a design that was simple and chic, and most importantly she wanted the logo to be instantly recognizable and communicative to the public. I first drew several designs that incorporated hair but they turned out to be too complex and detailed, so I kept carving away at the concept until I arrived at the stage of "less is more", then the design started to look more promising. I was also working with two very talented art directors that contributed they're creative eyes to help tailor the final design you see above. They use both versions for different scenarios. I created this logo using a pencil and sketchpad along with adobe illustrator cs3.