Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chocolate package label design graphics- food item cover illustration

I recently completed this packaging label wrap design for a new chocolate bar product made in Puerto Rico. The front package illustration is actually a rendering of the real farm fields where the cacao beans are grown. I also created the art for the chocolate molding- which is based on the front cover packaging design. The client and I went back and forth with several pencil sketch variations of the label design before we elected this to be the best design option.

The client provided me with some general outlines of what kind of look and feel he wanted for the packaging art- I took the lead from there and let my imagination run with it. I am also working on the display case and other size variations for this chocolate food product- I'll post those when they're done. I accepted to be paid in chocolate for this project so it was a win win for the both of us- just kidding, if only chocolate was a form of currency- maybe if I was Willie Wonka.