Monday, February 14, 2011

Christian Church Postcard Graphic Design: Bible Art

Greetings world- it's been too long since my last blog post, I've had some life changing experiences keeping me busy, nonetheless, better late than never. Here's a postcard design I did for a group called - Partners In Ministry. They provide a valuable service to Christian churches by providing them with professional designs for their events and activities. I like their motto "A bold new way to proclaim the old rugged Cross". The client started by just giving me the concept of the postcard and I took and ran with it, the concept was so rich that there were several different art directions I could have taken. Ultimately I decided on this design, I incorporated some ancient lettering used by the earliest scribes. I also kept a natural color palette of brown and green because I felt it gave it a comforting feel that all can relate to. I made the letter "o" into a crown of thorns and placed a beam of light shooting through it (robust with metaphorical meaning). I also added a vintage illustration of a bible in the background and overlaid organic textures throughout to complete it. I'm pretty happy with this design- more coming soon.