Monday, February 21, 2011

Jazz Instrumental cd cover design art: organic wilderness grunge design

Here's a recent cd cover design package I created for a jazz musician. He described his music to me and the feel he was going for and I created the art based off his descriptions. He wanted the art to reflect his personality and the music which was organic, solemn, and mysterious. I added some strong colors and textures to help liven up the forest environment. The artist told me that he was a loner and has always been intrigued by the wilderness and celestial mysteries. For the artist title and album title I used a script font to reflect the organic feel of the design. to make them look hand written and personal- like the album. I also added a figure off in the distance walking towards a mysterious light that can be interpreted to be many different things and the musician liked that.