Thursday, March 5, 2009

AWOL Heavy Metal Rock CD Cover Design- Aurora, IL chicago

Heavy metal rock cd cover design. The concept of this was to create a semi morbid, mysteries, and gritty cover design. I started off by just showing the hands coming out of the fan blade but then later added the peering eye in the background. This cd cover went through quite a bit of changes, there was another cd cover design with a different style initially- but I worked closely with the art director to come up with this final design. This is a Canadian heavy metal rock band, I also did the rest of the package design, however I'll post those up later. CD Design is a fickle art, sometime a design will be a homerun and other times I think I have a great design and the client just doesn't like- it's a subjective thing this art.

© 2009 Fernando Medina. Aurora, IL 60505 graphic designer and illustrator. Chicago graphic designer, cd cover designer.